Facilities ServicesThis Section of Facilities Management is responsible to maintain and repair all campus facilities through Zone Maintenance and Bully's Urgent Response Team (BURT). Our BURT Team is a crew who responds to urgent work that requires immediate attention. The personnel assigned to the Zone Maintenance teams are responsible for ensuring that the area assigned is maintained properly. Facilities Services is responsible for designing, planning and estimating projects that require coordination, are technical in nature or long term in duration and necessary for scheduling and funding purposes. Responsibilities also include developing, managing, and executing minor construction, repairs and renovations projects that are within MSU authority. Facilities Services is also responsible for the Faculty Housing Program management as well as vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- Zone Maintenance (SC and PM).
- Enhance appearance; improve facility operations, increase customer and Facilities Management personnel interaction, develop pride and ownership in our Campus by implementation of a Zone Maintenance program to instill total Maintenance Ownership in the facilities by Facilities Management personnel and facility occupants. Zones will be made up of Physical Plant, Custodial Services and Campus Landscape personnel who have total responsibility for the facility's condition.
- Project Management.
- The project management team is responsible for planning, designing, estimating, managing and executing projects that are defined as construction, maintenance, repair, renovation, equipment installation or other that is assigned. The team also develops contract specifications and plans, purchase orders or in-house plans for funding, procurement, and execution. They also coordinate with Facilities Management for scheduling of personnel to accomplish in-house projects and manage contractor provided services from concept through completion.
- Faculty Housing Management.
- Manage all aspects of our Faculty Housing program.
- Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance.
- This shop is the result of the merge of Custodial Services, Campus Landscape and the Physical Plant maintenance into one shop to improve the overall condition of our combined fleet of vehicles and equipment as well as maximize the use with sharing when applicable.
Locate this building
Mississippi State University
P.O. Box 5208
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Campus Mail Stop 9604
|Hours of Operation
M-F 8:00am to 5:00pm
Office Phone: (662)325--5830
Fax: (662) 325-4531
After-Hours or Holiday Emergency